As you may or may not be aware, there is various noticeable differences between free & paid Virtual Private Networks. The most important reason to be using a paid Virtual Private Network, is knowing that your security is being taken seriously and the ability to access your VPN across multiple devices with various applications. It comes back to the age old saying, “you get what you pay for”, and this definitely rings true when it comes to comparing a free & a paid VPN. If you would prefer to use a free VPN then that’s your choice, but I would much rather use a reliable and trustworthy Virtual Private Network when surfing online.
A paid VPN can protect you from various online threats such as Hackers, Cyber Criminals, Identity Thieves, and many other online threats.
Below I will list a few key points that you should consider when using a Free VPN, compared to a Paid VPN.
- Unstable connections and slow speeds
- Sell your information to 3rd party advertisers
- Insert java or scripts into your computer for advertising
- Often ban HTTPS browsing
- Use basic insecure protocols
- No customer support
- Download limits may apply
- Logs may be kept
- Insecure connections
- Premium Customer Service
- Large number of servers in multiple locations
- More Bandwidth
- Multi-device use
- High level encryption
- Stable and fast Connections
- High level security
- Ability to change your location easily to anywhere in the world for possible savings when making purchases online. You would be amazed at the large savings that can be made when ordering flights & booking hotels simply by changing your location as many sites currently use geo-targeting to determine the price you pay.